Q: What is an Independent Financial Adviser?

A: An Independent Financial Adviser is a professional who offers advice on financial matters to clients and recommends suitable financial products from those available across the whole of the market.

Q: Are there any initial costs involved in speaking to someone?

A: There is no cost for speaking to us on the telephone, or contacting us by e mail. In most circumstances, Laver Wealth will bear the cost of the initial meeting with you. At that meeting, following our discussions about your financial circumstances and requirements, we will be able to give you an indication of costs for the advice before you commit to proceed.

Q: What services does Laver Wealth offer?

A: We offer a wide range of options for people looking for professional financial advice. Our main specialism is the active management (using our Reflex service) of the underlying funds within client’s investment plans. These can be held in, for example: pensions, ISAs, OEICs, Unit Trusts, and Investment Bonds. (We choose not to provide mortgage advice).

Q: How can I contact Laver Wealth?

A: We are always pleased to hear from you – call us on 01934 645511 or email us on mail@laverwealth.co.uk. Our office hours are Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.

Q: How often will you keep me updated on my portfolio?

A: We have a number of options to keep you updated which will depend on the service agreed with you. However, for our Reflex clients you will receive quarterly reports outlining the progress of your investments.

Q: Does Laver Wealth handle my money?

A: No, we have opted not to handle client’s money. All cheques relating to our recommendations are to be made payable directly to the product provider.

Q: Where are the meetings with an adviser held?

A: We will always meet with you somewhere that is mutually convenient for both of us, either, our offices, your home or business premises.

Q: How is Laver Wealth remunerated?

A: Work undertaken will be subject to a fee which will be agreed with you before we proceed. We can often arrange for this to be paid from your investment amount through the product provider. Alternatively we can raise an invoice which you can settle by cheque or bank transfer.

Q: How do I make a complaint?

A: Unless we notify you in writing to the contrary, we will be treating you as a retail client. This means that you are afforded the highest level of protection under the regulatory system and should have the right to take any complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, their website can be found at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.